MASS REGISTRATION OF PUPILS
The national identification authority in collaboration with the ministry of education and sports and other partner agencies are undertaking a registration exercise of all learners in all primary schools, secondary and post primary institution in Uganda. The exercise started on the 29th may 2017 and will end on the 30th august. The registration seeks to instill and assign national identification numbers to all learners aged 5-16 years.
THE BENEFITS OF MASS REGISTRATION OF LEARNERS IN SCHOOLS
- Ready identification data will enhance planning for government services
- Improved service delivery through development of e- government services
- Authoritative identification of students and pupils,
- In future the NINs will be used as index numbers during national examinations
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION
To enable the registration of their children, parents and guardians shall be required to provide the following:
1. A dully completed registration Form III.
2. A copy of the parents’ national ID for Ugandan citizens
3. A copy of the parents’/guardian’s passport for foreign pupils/students
4. A refugee passport or card for refugee pupils/students.