NWSC Jinja, partners commission new innovations

By ABCafrica reporter

The National water and sewerage corporation in partnership with development partners have commissioned new service delivery innovations at Masese water works, under the Innovative Energy Contracting private public partnership between NWSC, GIZ & KSB Pumps Ltd.

“The development partners present at the commissioning ceremony included the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany which was represented by Udow Eden, KSB Ltd represented by Dr. Sven Baumgarten the MD of KSB South Africa/Vice president Sub-saharan Africa. The GIZ delegation was led by Christian Schnurre the Country Director and Johannes Rumohr, who made the project presentation. NWSC Deputy Managing Technical Services Director Engineering Services; Eng Alex Gisagara, Manager Static Plant Mr. Charles Kiyimba and the NWSC Jinja area General Manager were also present”, says the NWSC source.

The source in addition says; in a bid to better service delivery, the corporation working with development partners researched and devised means of improving water supply and subsequently, to save the corporation over 18 per cent in energy loses. “A memorandum of understanding {MoU} was signed between NW&SC & KSB on where GiZ agreed to fund 57 per cent of the technology advancements; while NW&SC agreed to fund the remaining 43 per cent from the energy savings”, adds the source.

The source further says; the works are part of ongoing initiatives under the corporation’s Water supply stabilization Plans (WSSP), using innovative approaches to better service delivery in all its areas of operation.
“Following the successful launch, plans are underway to roll the partnership in all NWSC operational towns”, concludes the source.

Gov't okays American, Italian firms to construct refinery
King Ceasor Mulenga assigned Vietnam Consulate roles to Uganda

Related posts

Leave a Comment